Home All About Me Favorite Blogs My Classroom My Products My Freebies Image Map

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Bright Idea: Desktop Calendar

Stop the presses. I have blogged two days in a row. Something MUST be wrong. hehe

It's that time again! I am back and joining my friends with a bunch of Bright Ideas for the Classroom!


If you're anything like I am then you have a FULL and BUSY schedule during the school week. If you are better then me you actually remember all the meetings and important school functions that you have to attend throughout the week. 

I have tried planners and desk calendars and even piles and PILES of sticky notes to help remind me of what meetings I have. The planner gets misplaced, the desk calendar gets buried, and the sticky notes run away. 

I am always forgetting what meetings I have or the important school functions that are right around the corner. 

BUT WAIT! I have finally found something that works for me!

I don't know where I saw this idea or if it just popped into my head one day but here it is.

I put my calendar on my computer desktop. Finally, something that CAN'T get misplaced, buried,or walk away.

How do I do this you ask? Well its actually pretty simple!

I just create a calendar template in Powerpoint and add all the important meetings, functions, and upcoming deadline.




Save the Powerpoint as a JPEG!





 Then go to where you saved the file and set it as your desktop.




You might need to go in and adjust the way your image is displayed. This is what it looks like on my home computer that is running Windows 7 - other operating systems look different.


(right click on the desktop not in Powerpoint)





And VOILA! A calendar that you can't misplace, bury, or have walk away!



If you enjoyed this bright idea, please consider following my blog or joining me on Instagram for more great ideas!

Don't forget to check out all the other "Bright Ideas" posts listed below.  If you see something you like, please leave a comment.  We bloggers LOVE to hear from you!




1 comment:

  1. Ok, now this is smart. I needed something like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete