It's been a long time since I have linked up with Kacey over at Doodle Bugs Teaching to share my Five for Friday!
I have no excuses so lets just move on with the program!
I spent most of Friday grading all these paper in preparation for submitting my report cards the next day and to start the third trimester without old paper work looming over my head. Literally took my all day but what a relief to get it done. Note to self: don't wait to grade 4 weeks worth of paper to the day before grades are due.
Monday was a Teacher Work Day and the day that our grades for the 2nd
trimester were do. I was already to go in first thing in the AM and
submit my grades and then spend a few hours CLEANING my room. The piles
that had developed all around my room were driving me NUTS! I would
start to twitch every morning. I was excited for a day in my room with
NO KIDS. I knew many of my co-workers had already submitted their grades
Friday and were opting to stay home that day so minimal distractions. I
arrived at school bright and early. I was the first car in the parking
lot (on my side of the campus anyways). I opened the gate and walked to
my building. Swiped my badge to open the door and ... nothing. Tried
again and again nothing. After checking my phone to make sure that it
was indeed Monday, I left my stuff in front of the building and walked
to the office where I learned we were running on generator power and had
no internet. Needless to say, I couldn't submit my grades BUT made good
use of the four hours I gave my self to clean. Thankfully it was cool out.
Then I went home and cuddle with this cutie!
This was the dark and ominous sky as I was leaving for work Wednesday morning. This storm front has brought South Florida record breaking lows. And to this thin-blooded native Floridian it was COLD the past two days. I am not complaining though - it could be worse!
Cold front and rain meant Go Noodle. Some of my second graders think they are too cool for this.
Loving that it is staying brighter later - though I am going to hate "springing" forward in a few weeks. This was my drive home at 6:30. Usually at this time it is DARK!
Go link up .... if you dare!




Go Noodle is the perfect solution to a rainy day - it's the best during indoor recess!
ReplyDeleteApplesbooksandcrayons-Excellent ideas throughout this post, personally I'm gonna have to bookmark this and come back to it. I'm curious if you have any follow ups to this post?
ReplyDeleteFix AOL Mail Not Working?