Home All About Me Favorite Blogs My Classroom My Products My Freebies Image Map

Friday, August 15, 2014

New Blog Design and Room Reveal

Have you noticed anything different around here? This summer I got a makeover! I am totally in love with my new blog design by Courtney over at Blogs Fit for a Queen. She did a fabulous job and was a delight to work with. If you need a blog makeover be sure to check her out - she has become might popular in the last month!

In other news, the back to school season is upon us. That means long days and sometimes even longer nights. I have worked long and hard this week with the help of my fabulous student teacher to get the room ready for the 2014 - 2015 school year. The desks are cleaned, the books in the library have been checked, and the decor is in place. My room is about 94% finished. I have to clean out the floor in my closet where I shoved all my misc. items before out Meet the Teacher tonight and I still need to hang my puff balls.

I am starting the year off with 20 students on my roster. Today 13 of my 20 families showed up to meet me and see our classroom. Not a bad turn out if I do say so myself. Had we not gotten hit by a horrendous thunder and lightning storm and been put on a "Code Yellow" due to the weather - I may have had a few more families show up. No one was allowed to leave the pod until the all clear was called so about a dozen families hung out in our pod (there are only 4 classes in our pod) for about 45 minutes until the storm passed. Then they decided to close the school as it looked like another wave was coming through. I stayed, of course, and got some work done. Still have to go in for a few hours tomorrow but no big deal.

Sit back and enjoy some pictures of my colorful classroom.

The view from the back of the room.

Student mailboxes and puff balls that still need to be hung up.

This wall is kind of boring. I think I may just hang the puff balls from the lights to liven it up.


Part of my library and my small group table. I got rid of my kidney shaped table this year for the rectangle table. So far I am loving the extra space I have in the room!


The rest of my library and my melted crayon art!
 (Please ignore the container lids.)


I LOVE the simplicity of this welcome board and our new book boxes!


There is part of the boring corner and my student work board. The trapezoid table will eventually be my writing table.


Front board with our new interactive projector. The right side will be where I put my learning goals and the left side daily information.


Student desks.


Other side. One of my boys said the desks look like hands. I can see that!


This will probably be the last time you will see my desk look this clean. hehe


Hope you enjoyed a look into my classroom!
Have a great night!

7 comments:

  1. I love the pops of color on your student work board! Your room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You room looks so colorful and inviting. Wishing you a wonderful year!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room looks great Christina!! I hope it's a fantastic year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room looks good. My Meet N Greet was in the morning yesterday. We got hit by the same storm in the afternoon.

    Cara
    The Teacher's Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new blog design is fantastic!! Courtney redid my blog this summer and I loved her work! I just pinned your seating arrangement because that is so clever! I am horrible at coming up with new ways to arrange my seats!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those multicolored puffballs! They're adorable! Did you make them yourself? I think they'll make a great addition to your "boring corner". Cute classroom

    ReplyDelete