Home All About Me Favorite Blogs My Classroom My Products My Freebies Image Map

Sunday, June 1, 2014

June Currently

I cannot believe that over a month has gone by since I last blogged. It has been one heck of a year this year. Too many changes and things that my team and I struggled to work out. I felt like a first year teacher all over again despite this being my eleventh year in the classroom. That being said we hopefully have worked out all of the kinks (or at least have know what we are going to do differently).

With summer just around the corner I am hoping that I will be able to become a better blogger. To start myself off I am linking up with Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade with my June currently.


** listening **
I think I must have one of the noisiest dishwasher ever made. Totally trying to drain out the sound with old episodes of Law and Order: SVU.

** loving **
Kids last day is on Thursday and my last day is on Friday. Our end of the year luncheon is at noon on Friday. Can't wait!

** thinking **
At the end of every year we literally have to pack up all of our stuff and put it away for the summer. Nothing can be left out on the book shelves or the counters other wise we run the risk of things getting broken or ruined when the custodian deep clean our rooms. I have spent way too much of my own money for it to get ruined.

** wanting ** 
I need more time in my days this week so that I can get it all packed away by Thursday afternoon. I really don't want to go to the luncheon all hot and sweaty!

** needing ** 
Really need to get off the couch and get the thinks done around the house that need to be done today so that I can work on our end of the year slideshow and my lesson plans later this evening.

** summer bucket list **
I would really like to spend some time reading this summer - both professional and pleasure reading. I really don't have the time to read much during the school year so I hope to make the time this summer. 
Relaxing is something else I would like to do - though I am not sure how much I will be able to relax since I did decide to work summer camp this year. hehe
I am also going to take some time this summer to reflect on my teaching life as well as my personal life. Changes need to be made and I need to figure out the best steps to start those changes.

Make sure you stop by Oh' Boy 4th Grade for more Currentlies!


1 comment:

  1. Christina,
    Oh.my.goodness.
    I felt just like you this year. I am about to finish my 19th year of teaching {on Tuesday} and i have felt like a first year teacher this year, too. I think it was because of it being our first year implementing CCSS and having to change so much up. I change things every year as I get bored easily but this year it was major change. So glad I will feel like I'll know so much more next year!!

    ReplyDelete