Home All About Me Favorite Blogs My Classroom My Products My Freebies Image Map

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Bright Ideas: Student Organization

I am so honored to be included in this wonderful hop of Bright Classroom Ideas! I have learned so much from all theses amazing teachers. I am here to share a tiny idea that goes a LONG way in my room.
 

 Nothing drives me crazier then a messy desk. When it takes little Johnny 10 minutes just to find his math book, white board, or the paper he was told to put some where safe is lost instruction time.

In walks my student organization! 

A few years ago I purchased a ton of baskets from an online company that no longer sells to the general public.


You can buy the same baskets else where but I have seen some teachers use lids to copy paper boxes or even small kitty litter pans (shhh!). hehe

Each student gets two baskets - a big one and a small one.
  

 
 In the big basket they organize their composition notebooks and pencil bags (which has extra pencils, scissors, and glue sticks). The small basket is for quick and easy access to their pencils, crayons, red pen, and erasers.

Look how pretty!!




Then each child has a chair pocket on their chair that I made from duck cloth.

 

Their chair pockets hold their class folders, homework folder, and student planner.

Then each student gets a book box where they store their library books, writing binders, and whiteboards.



Everything has a place and everything should be in its place. Helps to eliminate the lost instruction time when Johnny can't find what he needs!

Thanks for stopping by!

Now hop on over to Lessons with Laughter to learn how number student desks in groups could possibly help you!


Lessons with Laughter

   




http://new.inlinkz.com//luwpview.php?id=377569" rel="nofollow" title="click to view in an external page.">An InLinkz Link-up



http://new.inlinkz.com//luwpview.php?id=377574" title="click to view in an external page.">An InLinkz Link-up


   

Enjoy the hop!

Christina :)

4 comments:

  1. Oooohhhhhh.... I love it! Organization is something that I struggle with, so its especially hard for me to help my students organize themselves. I will have to mentally bookmark this one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I am a container addict so this really appeals to me. Thanks for sharing!

    Tiffany
    KTeacherTiff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of using those containers inside the desk! Thanks for sharing :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome idea to keep student desks organized! I need to find a good solution for my kiddos cubbies since I have tables!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete