Home All About Me Favorite Blogs My Classroom My Products My Freebies Image Map

Friday, February 1, 2013

Five for Friday and I can't belive that it is already February first!

This has been a long week. I am SO happy that today is Friday. I am linking up two of my favorite linkys tonight!

First up I am celebrating that it is Friday with Doodle Bug by sharing 5 things about my week.



1). I forgot that I had these awesome little containers that I bought at that the Dollar Spot at Target. I broke them out this week and put dice in them so now my dice do not roll all over the floor or off the desks.



 

2). I started what I am calling Learning Logs with my kiddos this week. So far we have only done morning work in them but I can already see that I have opened up a whole new world! So far my kids are loving it. I am using to to review math concepts that we have already covered.


I write 5 math problems and one editing sentence on the board. In the morning the kids come in and after they copy down their homework in their planners they come sit on the back rug and do their Learning Logs.


 How my kids set up their journals.


3). This week my school kicked off Boosterthon. Here is the bulletin board that I decorated in honor of "Highway USA".

 I even tied in some of our Social Studies by labeling the different landforms and bodies of water!


4).  I visited another school this week and took a few pictures of some awesome bulletin board displays. These two were my favorite.

Animal Brochure

 Vocabulary Foldable


5). I decided to try my hand at product creating. I am not sure if I will open a TpT store anytime soon but I would like to create things that I can use in my classroom. Any pointers?


Now for my February currently! I am linking up with Farley!


*listening* 
I love Chicago Fire! Great show!

*loving*
Today we had a high of 72. Such a difference from the high of 80 we had earlier this week!

*thinking*
I need to get papers graded and plans made!

*wanting*
The neapolitan ice cream in the freezer is calling my name. So far exhaustion has not allowed me to get up and get some.

* needing*
Sleeeep! Enough said!

*pet peeves*
I can't stand when my students lie to me! If they told the truth life would just be so much easier. I also cannot stand when they are LAZY! Rushing through your work so you can just get it done will no longer get you a second chance! ESPECIALLY if I know that you CAN do the work!

Go link up!

 Have a great weekend!
Christina :)

17 comments:

  1. I wish it could be 72 degrees here in Alabama, it's more like 40 today!!! And last time this week it was 75!!!!!

    Angela
    The Daily Alphabet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving the 70s and definitely dreading when the upper 90s take hold! EEK!

      Christina :)

      Delete
  2. Loved your pet peeves!! So funny how you want ice cream, but you are too tired to get up! I feel you!! I'm a 2nd grade teacher as well, so nice to meet you!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you as well. I did talk myself into getting up to get that ice cream shortly after I posted!

      Christina :)

      Delete
  3. Lovin' that Dollar Spot at Target. The Target store I visit in Ohio is has increased the size of the Dollar Spot, it's growing larger and larger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Dollar Spot. It is my favorite spot in Target! hehe!

      Christina :)

      Delete
  4. I can't stand laziness either. It is rampant in 4th grade this year.

    Kristin
    Teachntex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like each year they get lazier and lazier.

      Christina :)

      Delete
  5. I have noticed a common thread that all the February Currently....we all need some sleep. Talk about cold, here in Ohio it is 14 degrees brrrr! I would love to take your 70s:)

    Hopefully you get some sleep,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I did get some well needed sleep!

      Christina :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can have our COLD weather. We had no school on Thursday because the windchill was -35. Today it was a balmy 25 above. Gotta love winter in South Dakota. (hoping the groudhog doesn't see his shadow...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't imagine being 25 let alone -35. I am enjoying the 70s though and definitely dreading when the upper 90s take hold!

      Christina :)

      Delete
  8. I am totally with you on the lying pet peeve. It is frustrating when students blatantly lie about things.

    I found you through the Currently. I am happy to be your newest follower.

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are almost at 100! I am #91. I agree with those pet peeves, especially lying! Hope you get some sleep- if it is trouble sleeping, try melatonin. I started taking it about 2 weeks ago and sleep comes without tossing and turning for an hour.
    :)
    Tamera
    MyHeartBelongsinFirst
    Kaizactan2001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! Guess I need to start figuring out what to do for a 100 follower giveaway! Thanks for the suggestion. I think my biggest problem is I just need to slow down and let myself go to bed!

      Christina :)

      Delete