Brittany over at Keeping Up With First Grade has nominated me for the Liebster award! Thanks so much!
This award is given to new bloggers with 200 followers or less.
And the rules are:
1. Post 11 random things about yourself
2. Answer the questions the nominator set for you
3. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them to your post.
5. Not tag backs, but please leave a comment on this post if you were nominated so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate.
1. Post 11 random things about yourself
2. Answer the questions the nominator set for you
3. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them to your post.
5. Not tag backs, but please leave a comment on this post if you were nominated so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate.
11 Random Things About Me
1. Chocolate and I have a love hate relationship. I love to eat it and it hates to leave me!
2. I live in South Florida and I have NEVER been to the Florida Keys!
3. When I was little I would never wear jeans - now that is all I want to wear.
4. I set my alarm to start going off at 5:10am but don't wake up until 6am.
5. I LOVE watching TV!
6. I want to learn how to knit but I am not sure if I have the patience .
7. I started reading before I started school.
8. My mom is my best friend.
9. I don't like hot dogs.
10. My mom's chicken parm is the BEST!
Questions I am answering from Brittany:
1. Is it soda or pop where you live?
Soda. Pop is what a balloon does.
2. What part of your school day do you like best?
Right before the bell rings in the morning!
3. Have you ever had a student(s) that have truly inspired or molded your teaching career?
One of my students last year was such a hard worker. Even though she struggled she always put forth her best effort.
4. What is your funniest teaching moment?
When I was modeling how to change a false statement true I accidentally wrote a word other then shirt on the board. Did I mention I was teaching 4th grade at the time? I was so worried that I would have a million phone calls the next day.
5. Do you plan your lessons by yourself or do you and your other grade level teachers work together?
We plan together as a grade.
6. Do you work at a private or public school?
Public.
7. If you weren't a teacher, what other career would you have liked to have in life?
Book editor.
8. Do you do centers, work stations, daily 5 or something else in your classroom?
Centers
9. What celebrity would you like to have in your classroom for career day and why?
Who is big with the kids these days? I have no clue!
10. What are your hobbies outside of teaching?
Reading
11. If you could take your students on a field trip anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Outer Space - this needs no explanations!
My questions for the nominees:
1. Do you sleep with or without socks?
2. Favorite ice cream flavor?
3. How do you eat an Oreo cookie?
4. Commercials - hate them or love them?
5. Do you read the end of the book first?
6. Crust or no crust?
7. Do you like driving?
8. Snow or rain?
9. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
10. Cat or dogs?
11. Which do you do first: wash your face or brush your teeth?
(I know, I know, I am totally reaching with some of these questions!)
My nominees:
It was hard finding 11 bloggers who have not already been nominated. If you have already won this award feel free to just let me know that you have already won. I won't be offended. I promise!
1. Out of this World Literacy
2. Polka Dot Firsties
3. Secrets of the Second Grade Sisters
4. Fantastic First Grade Froggies
5. Across the Pond Follies
6. Drowning in Paper Clips
7. Math, Science, Social Studies .... Oh, my!
8. Educating to the Core
9. What I Have Learned
10. I Heart Kindergarten
11. The Happy Teacher
For all those nominated make sure that you copy and paste the above instructions (all the way at the top of this LONG post) and my questions to you on your blog. Don't forget to leave me a comment when you are done!
Also, make sure that you stop by the Second Grade Nest and The Happy Teacher to check out the HUGE giveaways happening on their blogs!
This post took my two hours to write so now I am finally going to bed. Good thing I am still on vacation and can sleep in!
3. When I was little I would never wear jeans - now that is all I want to wear.
4. I set my alarm to start going off at 5:10am but don't wake up until 6am.
5. I LOVE watching TV!
6. I want to learn how to knit but I am not sure if I have the patience .
7. I started reading before I started school.
8. My mom is my best friend.
9. I don't like hot dogs.
10. My mom's chicken parm is the BEST!
Questions I am answering from Brittany:
1. Is it soda or pop where you live?
Soda. Pop is what a balloon does.
2. What part of your school day do you like best?
Right before the bell rings in the morning!
3. Have you ever had a student(s) that have truly inspired or molded your teaching career?
One of my students last year was such a hard worker. Even though she struggled she always put forth her best effort.
4. What is your funniest teaching moment?
When I was modeling how to change a false statement true I accidentally wrote a word other then shirt on the board. Did I mention I was teaching 4th grade at the time? I was so worried that I would have a million phone calls the next day.
5. Do you plan your lessons by yourself or do you and your other grade level teachers work together?
We plan together as a grade.
6. Do you work at a private or public school?
Public.
7. If you weren't a teacher, what other career would you have liked to have in life?
Book editor.
8. Do you do centers, work stations, daily 5 or something else in your classroom?
Centers
9. What celebrity would you like to have in your classroom for career day and why?
Who is big with the kids these days? I have no clue!
10. What are your hobbies outside of teaching?
Reading
11. If you could take your students on a field trip anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Outer Space - this needs no explanations!
My questions for the nominees:
1. Do you sleep with or without socks?
2. Favorite ice cream flavor?
3. How do you eat an Oreo cookie?
4. Commercials - hate them or love them?
5. Do you read the end of the book first?
6. Crust or no crust?
7. Do you like driving?
8. Snow or rain?
9. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
10. Cat or dogs?
11. Which do you do first: wash your face or brush your teeth?
(I know, I know, I am totally reaching with some of these questions!)
My nominees:
It was hard finding 11 bloggers who have not already been nominated. If you have already won this award feel free to just let me know that you have already won. I won't be offended. I promise!
1. Out of this World Literacy
2. Polka Dot Firsties
3. Secrets of the Second Grade Sisters
4. Fantastic First Grade Froggies
5. Across the Pond Follies
6. Drowning in Paper Clips
7. Math, Science, Social Studies .... Oh, my!
8. Educating to the Core
9. What I Have Learned
10. I Heart Kindergarten
11. The Happy Teacher
For all those nominated make sure that you copy and paste the above instructions (all the way at the top of this LONG post) and my questions to you on your blog. Don't forget to leave me a comment when you are done!
Also, make sure that you stop by the Second Grade Nest and The Happy Teacher to check out the HUGE giveaways happening on their blogs!
This post took my two hours to write so now I am finally going to bed. Good thing I am still on vacation and can sleep in!
Have a great night!
Christina :)

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHello Christina,
ReplyDeleteThanks for participating with my birthday celebration giveaway. I am also from South Florida and have never been to the Keys either. I currently teach in Lee County. Where do you teach?
By the way, I am a new follower.
Happy Teaching,
Laura
TIPS: Teach, Inspire, and Prepare Students
I teach in Palm Beach County. Thanks for following!
DeleteChristina :)
Thanks for the nomination!! :)
ReplyDeleteYour funniest teaching moment about your spelling error (shirt) just made me smile. I've joined your list of followers...#49.
ReplyDeleteOops....make that #47. I should put my glasses on in the morning!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much for nominating me. I will fill out and I have 2 others to do as I never responded to the nomination, like you said, it takes time!! It's on my list - but thanks so much for the nomination!!
ReplyDeleteBest
Tama