Last night I spend the evening with my wonderful family at my cousins house in Orlando. Since my mom and I were not here for Christmas (we live down south) we celebrated New Years and Christmas together. We ate yummy food, exchanged presents, and had a great time!
The day before I went with my cousin, her husband, and her youngest to see the dress rehersal of The Magic Kingdom's fireworks. They were AMAZING! Love the fireworks at MK on a normal day but their New Years show is something to see. This is the second year that we have gone to see the dress rehearsal and would like to make this a new tradition.
Here are some pictures that I captured from the video I took from my iPhone!
And now I am linking up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for my January Currently...
USA Network has a marathon of Law and Order: SVU on right now and it is playing in the background as I am playing working on the computer.
I don't have to return to work until the 7th and the kids don't return until the 8th. I can't believe that some places actually return to school tomorrow!
I *think* we are going to go to see the Macy's Parade at Universal and really need to get dressed so I can look presentable when I leave the house!
I wish I lived closer to my cousins that live here in Orlando. I live about 3 hours south of here and it is a lot to come up and visit.
Planning for the first week we return to school would be lovely though planning for the week after would be WONDERFUL! This way I can make copies and be organized when kids return on Tuesday.
That brings me to my OLW: organize. I would like to be more organized at school so I can actually get ahead in my planning and copying.
Halle over at Across the Hall in 2nd is gave a 300 follower giveaway. Head on over to check it out!
Halle over at Across the Hall in 2nd is gave a 300 follower giveaway. Head on over to check it out!
Have a great New Years Day!
Christina :)

I am LOVING the Disney pictures. I have been trying to get the hubs to agree to go to Disney for the last 4 years! He's so anti-Mickey!!! :( ANyway, I think I finally cracked him and we get to take the kiddos in March! Wahoo!
ReplyDeletePS- Jealous! We start back TOMORROW!!!
I am so jealous that you are still on vacation! I love the pictures of Disney and can't wait to take my girls next summer, hopefully!
ReplyDeleteJessica
Fabulous and Fun 4th Graders
I LOVE the Disney pics! My little girl LOVES Mickey and I think she would LOVE a trip! We may go in Feb (fingers crossed!). I also have a few more days and I am so grateful!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMandy
http://mandys-tips-4-teachers.blogspot.com/
We love Disney. I used to teach in Broward County but moved up closer to Orlando & years ago! It is hard not being near family. I just found your blog on Farley's Currently and am your newest follower:)
ReplyDeleteTammy
The Resourceful Apple
The castle looks fantastic! I'd love to spend New Year's there sometime in the future.
ReplyDeleteTania
My Second Sense
I am one of those unlucky ones who return WITH kids tomorrow.... And our rooms are sure to be disastrous as we got new countertops over the break... Not looking forward to the early back to regroup my room.
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous of your Disney pics... A few more years and I'll take my kid to share the magic!
I am jelly...I go back tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteThose Disney pics are ah-ma-zing. Breathtaking!
Growing Firsties is co-hosting a Shout Out Linky