It must be Friday and you know what that means!
I am linking up with Kacey again over at Doodle Bugs Teaching for her fun Friday linky!
Here we go!
I made some very generic and very basic centers this week for my kiddos to use during reading while I continued to give our reading running records assessments (only 2 more to do!)
I decided that I needed to be a little more organized with my to do lists and such so I bought this cute planner from Target, a set of mechanical pencils, and some small stickies (which I have a *TON* of at school but didn't have ANY at home)!
We finished up our unit on Forces and Motion today that included magnetism with an experiment using magnets. They had so much fun!
Speaking of Force and Motion and Magnetism...we read some fun fact filled books during the week!
Don't you just *LOVE* the way the black background makes everything POP!
I revamped my Learning Goals board to make them easier to read! Look at all those Science goals we worked on this week while reviewing. Each subject is color coded - yellow for Reading, golden for Word Work and Language, purple for Writing, pink for Math, green for Science, and blue for Social Studies. This color coded habit came from my very first teaching job. I had taken over for a teacher who had gone on maternity leave and she copied EVERYTHING in color by subjects. Now I just use those colors to grade with!
What did you do this week?
Giveaway Gossip
Hop on over to Learning With Mrs. Leeby for a chance to enter her follower giveaway!
Have a great night!
Christina :)


Cute blog!! I am your newest follower! :)
ReplyDeleteKimberly Ann
Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten
My co-teacher color codes everything too! :) So, now I do as well! ;) Thanks for saying hello on my blog! :) I'm following you now too and I can't wait to hear what other things your second graders learn about with you this year! :)
ReplyDeleteRegards,
Tamara