I am going to be honest, making anchor charts is something new to me this year. This is the first year I have really made them and even then it is not with any regularity. I am trying to be better with making them. Thing is I don't have ANYWHERE to put them after we are done using them. Plus- I am such a perfectionist about certain things that making them on the fly would drive me N.U.T.S.
I have found something that works for me though so I am hoping that I will get better at creating them with my class.
First, I make rough draft on notebook paper with the kids on the document camera.
Then, later the day usually after dismissal, I will take the rough draft and rewrite them on laminated chart paper with expo markers. I do this for many reasons. Mainly because the perfectionist in me can't stand when things are off centered or unbalanced and I would end up rewriting the same anchor chart several times.
The best thing is that if I make a mistake, the uncentered unbalanced look drives me CRAZY, or we need to make a new chart I can just grab a magic eraser and voila a clean slate! :)
To display the anchor charts that we are currently working with, I hang them up on my bulletin board. I stapled small suction cup hooks to the board and use the hooks to hold the chart paper.
The anchor charts that I like and would like to keep and reuse I can then recreate them onto non-laminated chart paper (which I would then laminate).
Time for some Giveaway Gossip!
Emily over at Educating to the Core is celebrating her new blog design by raffling off a $25 TpT gift card!
Corinna over at O "FISH" ally a First Grader is celebrating 200 followers with great giveaway!
Cindy over at Primary Reading Party is hosting a giveaway to giveaway her a few of her February units!
Stop on by!
Have a great night! :)
Christina :)
Wow, what great ideas for anchor charts! I too am OCD and hate writing and re-writing anchor charts.
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of planning them out on notebook paper and of using laminated paper. I am so going to try your ideas.
Becky
Compassionate Teacher