Home All About Me Favorite Blogs My Classroom My Products My Freebies Image Map

Sunday, December 9, 2012

T minus 10 schools days and counting...

This year we are in school until December 21st - that's 10 school days to go. My kids already have vacation brains. I am going to have y hands full the next two weeks. I have come up with a few activities that I hope will keep us all sane.

First up, we are going to continue identify and constructing adjectives to make our writing more interesting to read. My kiddos really had a hard time coming up with descriptive words last week. On Friday, we created a "sloppy copy" of an adjective anchor chart inspired from one I found over at Step into 2nd Grade with Mrs. Lemons. My intent is to make a "pretty copy" and have it laminated. See my inspiration below. I will post a pic of my pretty version when I get it done.


We are also going to create two more anchor charts with examples. Again, I am inspired by a set of anchor charts that I found over at Confessions of a Fourth Grade Teacher.


  We are also going to create our own Book of Adjectives to keep in our writing folders. I have added my file to Google docs (I hope I did it right!) It is nothing pretty but it will do its job. 

  
(hmmm not working. Let's see if I can figure this out!)
(I GOT IT! Let me know if it works!)

Yesterday, I bought what looks like an adorable book about adjectives on Amazon that I am hoping will arrive on Monday but it says it will be here on Tuesday. (I love Amazon Prime!) I will let you know how it is! If I like it I might just have to get the rest in the series!

 
The plan is to then finish up our Gingerbread stories by adding more adjectives and publish them on the adorable paper that I found over at Across the Hall in 2nd Grade in their Gingerbread Holiday Project!



In Social Studies, we will continue our unit on People and Places. I plan on doing some version of "Me on the Map". Last year I bought this great book on Amazon called...Me on the Map! Such a cute book! 



(Glad I already have it as it is currently unavailable...now just to find where I put it.) 




In math we are going to start (and hopefully finish) our Double Digit Subtraction chapter. My students will enjoy doing Subtraction Bingo as much as they enjoyed doing Addition Bingo.

  
I have no clue as to what we will be doing in Reading. We are at the end of our unit in our Reading Series so I do know that part of the next 10 days will be spent reviewing the skills and assessing the skills. But tomorrow is another day and I can figure out what we are doing then.

If you have hung in this long let me share an awesome giveaway that Katie over at Teacher to the Core has going on. TONS of prizes! Check it out!

 
Does everyone update and revise their posts as much as I do or is that just the perfectionist in me? I must have updated this post 20 (make that 21) times already and I am sure I will more! GEEZ. I must be crazy!

Have a great night!
Christina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment