Home All About Me Favorite Blogs My Classroom My Products My Freebies Image Map

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Gingerbread, Glyphs and Giveaways

This was a crazy week. We had  our district diagnostic tests this week. Do you know how hard it is for 2nd graders to sit quiet for 90 minutes without talking? REALLY hard!

After testing, I started a mini Gingerbread unit. We read several versions of the Gingerbread Man that we had in our school's library. We completed a story map that covered all of the versions and then compared two of the versions. We used The Gingerbread Man Literacy Unit I found on TpT.

(Not sure why the image is so small and blurry - sorry!)

Then we completed Gingerbread Glyphs. I don't have an electronic copy of this but I found a pin that looks like the one I used but it is no longer available.


 (Wow. So many things wrong with this picture. The title is backwards and the globe is upside down. No, that is not a bottle on wine up there on the top of the cabinet. It is a bottle of Fountain of Youth Water a former student brought me from St. Augustine. I promise!
Note to self - clean up the place before taking pictures. So embarrassing!)

 I plan on putting a key to the glyphs here once it is laminated!



 I had one student absent the day we did the glyphs. His will go here.

They turned out so cute and we had so much fun with this activity! 

Now for some giveaways that you should check out!

Mercedes over at Surfing to Success is having a huge giveaway. It is actually 6 different giveaways.
 

Anna over at Simply Skilled in Second is having a little followers giveaway!
   
 Marie over at The Hands-On Teacher is celebrating 500 followers with 5 days of giveaways!

Lory over at Lory's Page is having 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway! There will be a winner each night!
 

 This is the best giveaway I have seen today! If you win Holly over at Crisscross Applesauce  will make a donation to the charity of your choice is made in your name.

I'll be back tomorrow where I am going to try my hand at linking up with the December Currently from Farley over at Oh' Boy Fourth Grade

Have a great evening!
Christina :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment