Imagine my surprise when I checked my email and saw that I was nominated for the Liebster Award. This award is given to new bloggers with 200 followers or less. Rae over at Mindful Rambles nominated me. Thanks!
And the rules are:
1. Post 11 random things about yourself
2. Answer the questions the nominator set for you
3. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them to your post.
5. Leave a comment on this post if you were nominated so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate.
11 Random Things About Me!
1 - I have two cats (Kahlua and Karamel) and a dog (Morgan).
2 - I LOVE pumpkin cheese cake! I LOVE fall when they start selling it at Olive Garden! I have now found that I can buy a WHOLE pumpkin cheesecake made by The Cheesecake Factory at BJs!
3 - I have lived in Florida MY. WHOLE. LIFE. I was 16 before I finally left the state on a family vacation.
4 - I cannot STAND coffee! I love the smell but I can't stand the taste!
5 - I HATE doing laundry. More specifically, I HATE folding and putting the laundry away.
6 - I LOVE the cold weather!
7 - I LOVE the Magic Kingdom. I love Disney!
8 - My favorite movie is Outbreak. I am not sure why so don't ask.
9 - I LOVE frozen Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!
10 - I HATE driving - especially at night - and especially for long distances.
11 - I love eating pizza.
Rae's Questions to me:
1. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
My super power would be the ability teleport. My nephews and niece are growing up so fast and the live 3 hours away from me so I am missing out on so much! Plus - I miss hanging out with their mom (my cousin).
2. If you weren't a teacher/educator/your current occupation, what would you be?
2. If you weren't a teacher/educator/your current occupation, what would you be?
I would be a book editor. I am always finding errors in the books I read.
3. You had to choose: sense of smell or sense of taste.
3. You had to choose: sense of smell or sense of taste.
sense of smell
4. What is your favorite genre of book?
4. What is your favorite genre of book?
Romance - I love anything by Nora Roberts.
5. What is your favorite genre of music?
5. What is your favorite genre of music?
I don't know if i really have a favorite genre - if I had to choose I would say Classic Rock - it is what I grew up listening to!
6. If you could visit any place in the world, and money was no object, where would it be?
6. If you could visit any place in the world, and money was no object, where would it be?
Australia - hands down! Love those accents!
7. What was your favorite subject in school? What was your least favorite?
7. What was your favorite subject in school? What was your least favorite?
Favorite subject was everything! Least favorite was PE!
8. What is one way that you do to ensure a healthy lifestyle?
8. What is one way that you do to ensure a healthy lifestyle?
I don't smoke. Ick!
9. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Usually six - seven hours. I can function on less though it is not pretty!
10. What is your favorite drink, alcoholic or not?
10. What is your favorite drink, alcoholic or not?
Strawberry Daquaris! YUM!
11. Do you have any hidden talents? If so, what?
11. Do you have any hidden talents? If so, what?
Yes. They are so hidden I don't even know about them yet! :)
My questions to my nominees:
1 - If you could be any animal for one day what animal would you be and why?
2 - What is your favorite flower?
3 - What is your favorite pizza toppings?
4 - What is your favorite childhood television show?
5 - What do you like to do on a day off?
6 - When at work - make up or no makeup?
7 - Disney World or Disney Land?
8 - When you were a kid did you always want to be a teacher?
9 - What is your favorite song?
10 - If you were stranded on a deserted island what three things would you want to have with you?
11 - If you could choose to speak with any one person - dead or alive - who would it be and why?
And the nominees are:
10 - 2nd Grade Frosting
11 - 2nd Grade Glance
For all those nominated make sure that you copy and paste the above instructions and my questions to you on your blog. Don't forget to leave me a comment when you are done!
For all those nominated make sure that you copy and paste the above instructions and my questions to you on your blog. Don't forget to leave me a comment when you are done!
Have a great day!
Christina :)
Christina :)
Great job on your award. It took me along time to figure out how to do all the things ~ I am old and slow. I am also new to the blog world. I love reading others' blogs. I am just learning how to post items. I haven't figured out how to post pictures and things I create, but I will. I am looking for teachers who would like to participate in an exchange project. Please visit my blog to find out more ~ http://firstgradecarousel.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteMaria
Hello my new bloggy friend! I am now following you as well. I answered all of your liebster questions, but unfortunately had some trouble finding some other folks to nominate. Looks like everyone already got nominated (you nominated the teacher across the hall from me, lol!) Thanks for adding me and I look forward to reading all of your fantastic ideas!
ReplyDeleteThanks for nominating me! I appreciate it! :-)
ReplyDeletehttp://the2ndgradesurprise.blogspot.com/2012/11/first-id-like-to-thankive-won-award.html?m=1
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway! I'm your newest follower...welcome to blogging! You will love it!
ReplyDeleteHolly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade