Here it is a day late and a dollar short but I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching.
1). It seems as though lately I have been suffering from Procrastinationitis. I am the yearbook editor of my school and with a little more then a week from my final deadline my yearbook isn't even half done. I *should* be sitting here working on it and instead I am watching Magic Mike (please don't judge me) and blogstalking.
2). I had my formal observation this week and I rocked it. I have been teaching for 10 years and I still can't believe how nervous I was this time around. I did a lesson on text features as we are starting our nonfiction writing unit. I used parts of Deana's Text Features packs and posters. Check them out!
And her Informational Text Features Activity Pack.
(I couldn't find a good picture)
I am going to follow up with Mandy's Nonfiction Text Features pack.
3) One of my very good teaching friends had her first baby this week - a boy! I am not going to post a picture to protect the innocent but take my word on it he is A.DOR.A.BLE!!
4). We had a half day on Thursday and I took the day of to go with my mom for her MOHS procedure. When I returned to school on Friday I learned that my sub had lost my class for about 10 minutes. Still not sure how that happened but they were all found safe and sound waiting so patiently in the courtyard.
5). Have I mentioned that I am supposed to be working on my yearbook?
Take a look at these awesome giveaways!
Second Grade Perks is Celebrating her 1 Year Blogiversary.
Time to get to work!
Have a great day!
Christina :)










Good luck! Hope you get some work done! I think I caught your Procrastinationitis!!!
ReplyDeleteJivey
ideas by jivey
Doesn't help with the impending doom of loosing an hour between today and tomorrow! I hate "Spring Forward"!
DeleteChristina :)
I love the non fiction text features unit. I bought it and we are using it inbetween book studies - so spreading it out over time - but I LOVE it! Great blog! Glad I found ya!
ReplyDeleteHeidi
I'm supposed to be writing a math test about now. Good luck getting everything finished! = )
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rest of your weekend!
Jenny
Suntans and Lesson Plans
So many great giveaways! The sub lost your class!? Ah! Really-how does that happen? Glad they were found safe and sound!:)
ReplyDeleteKimberly Ann
Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten