Home All About Me Favorite Blogs My Classroom My Products My Freebies Image Map

Monday, February 4, 2013

A - Z of Teacher Me!

I am linking up with The Polished Teacher with her A - Z of Teacher Me Linky!


Simple Linky Rules: 
1. Add the A-Z of Teacher Me image linking back to this post.
2. Add my blog button linking back to my blog.
3. Follow Farley's rule of 3 to share the love. 
(Comment on the 2 linked up before and the 1 after)
4. Share as little or as much as you like!
5. Have fun and meet new friends! 
Here are my teacher favorites! 

A: App
 Words with Friends! Hands down!
  B: Book Character
Fancy Nancy!
C: Clip Art
Thistle Girl Designs is my favorite. 
 D: Dollar Spot Find
My book bins. We use them everyday! I will need to replace some again this summer. (Would the ones from RGS hold up better?)
  We store our book boxes on the side counter at the end of the day. They are sitting on top of our testing folders which are cut up science fair boards! The folders are separated into groups which makes passing them out easier!
 E: Essential To Start Day
Quiet time. I don't like to be bothered AT ALL during my getting ready routine. Good thing I am the only one awake!
 
F: Font
Maiandra GD, Tinker Toy, Miss Law Primer, Annoying Kettle and Felt.
G: Game
I love playing Rummikub with my family!
 H: Holiday
Fourth of July. Love the fireworks!
 
I: Ice Cream
Ben and Jerry's Cake Batter Ice Cream! YUM!
J: Jewelry Piece
Used to be my Tiffany's heart bracelet but that has been replaced by my Brighton charm bracelet that I got from one of my kiddos this year!
 K: Kid-ism
When I was younger a stray cat adopted my family. The little girl across the street always wanted to come over and see the cat.She used to say, "I wanna go see the coot kitty." And that is how my cat got its name, Coot.

L: Location To Travel
NEW YORK CITY! Though I would love to travel to Spain, Ireland, or Australia.
M: Management Technique
 A place for everything and everything in its place. Or on my desk!
N: Nail Polish 
I am boring. Plain old French manicures is what I like!
 
O: Open House Idea
Every year my kids draw a self portrait of themselves and I hang it on the bulletin board. As parents enter they have to guess which one is their child. Next year I think I am also going to have them write a paragraph about themselves!
 
P: Pinterest Find
Using a white eraser to erase permanent marker off of laminated  surfaces easily! This has changed my life!
Q: Quote
You get what you get and you don't get upset!
I got a plaque one year from a friend that said, "I'm a teacher, you can't scare me!"
  
R: Read-Aloud
I loved reading the Lemony Snickett Series of Unfortunate Events to my fourth graders!
 
S: School Supply
FLAIR pens! Gotta have a stock pile!
 T: TPT/TN Product
How do you choose?
 
U: Un-Official Hobby
Collecting pinterest ideas!
 
V: Video Brain Break
The Black Eyed Peas flash mob on the season opener of Oprah's last (or second to last) season!
 
W: Way To Spend A Day Off
Sleeping in, reading, blogging, hanging out with family and friends.
 
X: X-tra Special Blogs You
 Just to name a few that have been true inspirations and in no particular order:
Y: Yummy Dessert
Pumpkin Cheesecake. Good thing it is a seasonal dessert!
Z: Zoo Animal
Monkeys!
 Go link up!
  



Giveaway Gossip!
Live, Laugh, I LOVE Kindergarten and Fourth Grade Flipper are both hosting seperate giveaways where someone will win a pencil sharpener from Classroom Friendly Supplies! I LOVE this sharpener!   

Have a great  evening!
Christina :)

8 comments:

  1. I love me some flair pens too! I like using them in my planner so I can color code the things I write in there. :)

    I love those book bins from Target. I need to get some this year when they bring them out again.

    I am your newest follower! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you recommended a new clipart web-site. I found you through the linky party. I am your newest follower!
    Elizabeth
    Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking up! I love that apple charm! It's adorable! I love The Series of Unfortunate Events! It makes a great read aloud! And that Oprah video is so much fun! I wish I was there for it!

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina,
    My favorite animal is monkeys too! My husband and I play Words with Friends. It's so silly that we sit in the same room and play. :)
    Have a wonderful day!
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    tamingmyflockoffirsties@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the shout-out! This linky is a great idea and I have to add it to my list of things to-do:) I like your book bins from the dollar store. The ones from RGS are expensive and I haven't splurged on those yet. Mine are the cardboard magazine holders and are holding up okay.
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like quiet time. Mine is at night. Kids and hubby in bed = me time :)
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Flair pens too! Your post reminds me that I need to go out and get some new ones! I found you through the linky and am a new follower. :)

    Amy
    Mrs. Lattin's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christina- Words with friends is SO SO ADDICTING!! :-) Rummikub is a blast- good choice! :)

    Katie
    Smiles from 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete