Home All About Me Favorite Blogs My Classroom My Products My Freebies Image Map

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Can't believe it's almost July!

I have been a bad blogger this year. I was never a really good one to begin and this was one of those years that was emotionally, physically, and mentally exhausting. I had that class. You know the one I am talking about. The one that needed the very breath from your body. The one that you couldn't turn your back on for even one single second. The one that made you rethink changing careers and working anywhere but where you are. Yes that one.

I am really hoping I don't have that class again. I know not ever year is going to be roses and rainbows or a walk in the park. I do and I don't expect it. But it should also not be the class that every teacher from the year before wonders what you did wrong to get that mix of kids.

Anywhoo..I vow to be a better blogger next year. Which I think I may have said last year but you know - that class came along.

Right now, summer is in full swing. I am working summer camp (yes I know - glutton for punishment). But I love it! It's fun and exhausting on many levels - but I can stay awake past 9pm to that's good! Love going on all our field trips and watching the kids faces when they get to do something new and exciting.

Despite that fact that I am working all summer - I do love summer vacation. It is a time to refresh and rejuvenate for the upcoming year. I love the 9 weeks we have between teachers last and first day(10 weeks for kids). Starting over, trying new things, new possibilities. LOVE it!

What I don't love it learning loss. I hate that every August I have to review and reteach main concepts that were taught and mastered the year before - especially in Math. Makes the first trimester rather rocky to say the least.

That being said I have learned about a program that looks ah-mazing!

 TENMARKS by none other then Amazon!
(Teachers LOVE Amazon so they should LOVE Tenmarks just be association! hehe)

Kids get a personalized curriculum to meet THEIR specific needs.
Needed interventions are delivered to students automatically.
It's engaging and motivating.

The best part - it's FREE!

And the icing on the cake - if you register now you can be entered to win a $25 Amazon gift card.

Click the picture below to find out how you can get your child ahead of the learning curve and prevent summer learning loss AND be entered to win an Amazon gift card!

I call that a win-win!

https://gleam.io/7fgh9-0X7IDD

And since I don't have any pictures to go with my post I will leave you with some of my favorite pictures from the first three weeks of summer camp! hehe



Mock pirate ship that brought us around the local island looking for their treasure!


Sea turtle rehabbing at the local sea turtle rehab center.


Hello turtle!


This ostrich would NOT leave us alone. The safari wranglers has to poke and prod it off and still didn't want to leave. You see that green sticker in the bottom left hand corner - totally thought it was ostrich food. Apparently, the car in front of the first bus in our group was feeding it and it didn't get enough. Took almost 20 minutes for us to be able to move on our way.

Off to bed I go! Another fun filled day of summer camp awaits!

Remember to go check out Tenmarks! Here is that link again!

https://gleam.io/7fgh9-0X7IDD




2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just discovered your blog. I was able yo check out ten mark. Wow I have never heard of the program. It looks awesome. Cant wait to start using it next school year

    V.Mejia
    Longwing Montessori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just discovered your blog. I was able yo check out ten mark. Wow I have never heard of the program. It looks awesome. Cant wait to start using it next school year

    V.Mejia
    Longwing Montessori

    ReplyDelete