Yesterday, my class participated in a classroom vote since there was no school for students today. We started off by reading the Weekly Reader about Election Day.
Then, as my students were working with a partner to answer questions about the article (sorry, don't have a picture of this). I called each student one by one to come to our polling location and cast their vote.
After they cast their ballot, they placed it in my nifty ballot box and got themselves an "I Voted" Sticker!" (I think they were more excited about the sticker then anything! hehe)
Then the votes were tallied and it was announced that in my classroom President Obama had won by a vote of 10 - 5. (Yes, I only have 15 students this year!) According to the Weekly Reader, since they started voting through Scholastic the kids have only gotten it wrong 2 times. Interesting!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for that give away I mentioned. Unfortunately, that giveaway is not from me. I am not that cool yet (though I hope to be one day). Creekside Teacher Tales is hosting a giveaway each week for the months of November and December. Stop by to check out the first of those giveaways!
Have a great evening!
Christina :)

Thanks for sharing my giveaway! I am your newest follower!
ReplyDeleteTracy
Creekside Teacher Tales
I think the reason that the kids get it right is that they are voting they way their parents are :) When I did my election unit this year, I heard all about their parents' opinions!
ReplyDeleteDiane
Fifth in the Middle